Happy New Year, everyone! This is my first blog entry for 2015! I’m kind of late in the goal-setting, resolution-setting, word-setting high because I was down with the flu on New Year’s Eve up until yesterday.
Last year, I wrote about my word for 2014, which was COLOR. And yes, I can say that 2014 was indeed colorful in every sense of the word (that can be both positive and negative, haha)! In fact, my “Best Moments on Instagram” photos were pretty vibrant. Here’s what the “Best Moments” generator came out with:
I’m not sharing my 2015 WORD on the blog this year, nor am I sharing 2014 lessons learned or new year goals and intentions — I feel that they’re too personal at the moment so I’d like to keep them private for now. However, I’m sharing what these 5 photos mean to me. They’re pretty interesting, actually. They don’t only capture what my year was like, but they also represent some of the things I’d like to carry over to 2015:
- More time with loved ones and those who truly matter
- Meaningful travels
- Creative projects (and more collaborations!)
The collage also implicitly shows what I’d like improvement in: My spiritual life (as seen in the photo of my cross painting and the Baby Jesus), and my yoga practice. Work is not captured here because I rarely talk about my professional life online but I’ve definitely identified a point for improvement in that area because it’s a huge part of my life.
Again, happy new year to all! I won’t wish you a perfectly happy, painless, struggle-free year because there’s no such thing, but I do wish you, dear friends and readers, these 5 things:
- EXCITEMENT to face what the new year will bring;
- PERSISTENCE for you to make your new year plans unfold, especially when you feel like giving up;
- COURAGE to learn to dance in the rain while overcoming this year’s storms;
- OPENNESS to learn from the mistakes that you will make so that you can bounce right back; and
- PEACE in knowing that everything happens for the good, and in His time.
What are YOUR new year wishes, and what will you be carrying over from the previous year? I’d like to know, so share below!
By the way: Like my 2015 calendar on the photo above? Follow @parvousph on Instagram to check out their products! They’re one of the sponsors of my upcoming blog anniversary! Watch for it!