I continue to be amazed by the simple yet unique destinations that we get to discover in our country, especially in places nearby. My friends and I went on a weekend trip to Zambales where we stayed at Casa San Miguel Bed & Breakfast, a quirky yet charming place that gives life to the sleepy little town of San Antonio.
The colorful yet peaceful atmosphere of the place plus the soul-soothing violin music that welcomed us have made us fall in love with it instantly. However, there is much more to the place than that, and it’s so much more than just a bed & breakfast. Here are some reasons why you should make this part of your next road trip itinerary with family or friends:
1. Casa San Miguel is, first and foremost, an art and music school founded by two national artists, renowned violinist Coke Bolipata and prominent contemporary painter Elmer Borlongan.
During our visit, we learned that there were summer campers lodged in the main house. Yes, they were there almost the entire summer just to learn art and music. Some of them are scholars, and this school/foundation is the two national artists’ way of preserving Philippine art and giving back to society.
2. It has an art museum that will make you appreciate the values of the good ol’ Filipino family.
3. It has a cozy Backstage Café that serves excellent breakfast, brick oven pizza, wine, and overflowing Starbucks coffee!!! It’s called Backstage Café because it’s literally at the back of the theater stage, and they serve Starbucks coffee because Casa San Miguel is one of the beneficiaries of Starbucks as part of its CSR.
4. It has a cute and colorful little area with all things rustic that are a tad bit quirky.
5. Finally, the bed & breakfast. Each room costs P3000 and can accommodate 4 people! That’s P750 per head. Really not bad for the the first 4 items I’ve mentioned.
I’d like to commend everyone at Casa San Miguel for everything you’re doing to keep Philippine art and culture alive, and for helping instill them among the Filipino youth.
I definitely recommend this place! Here’s a bonus, for beach lovers out there: It’s not difficult to travel to Zambales’ most popular beaches from Casa San Miguel! The casa provides island hopping tours too! We were able to go to Capones and Camara Islands with the help of Mang Florante (09108053388).
Sharing some beach and Capones Lighthouse photos here:
Have a restful weekend.